[fpc-pascal] How to use UART of ARM platforms (e.g. Raspberry Pi ) through free Pascal?

Paul Breneman Paul2006 at BrenemanLabs.com
Sun Jul 7 15:36:08 CEST 2013

On 07/04/2013 09:09 AM, Paul Breneman wrote:
> On 07/04/2013 05:08 AM, Dennis Poon wrote:
>> thanks.
>> I am not using the fpc email as it seems off topic.
>>
>> May I know the exact brand and model number of the adapter you used?
>> I have an ATEN usb-to-serial cable (UC-232A) but I am not sure how to
>> connect its serial pins to rs-485 's DIFFERENTIAL LINES and how to set
>> that adapter into half-duplex translation mode.
>>
>> Dennis
>
> My favorite is the USB-RS485-WE-1800-BT made by FTDI.  It is sold by
> many companies:
>    http://www.ftdichip.com/Products/Cables/USBRS485.htm
>
> It supports 24000 baud which many other adapters don't.
>
> I've only used it under Windows but as it is made by FTDI I would think
> using it under Linux should be no problem.
>
> www.CtrlTerm.com has Synapse and SynaSer code that should work on the
> RPi (for serial and TCP/IP communication) as I did test that recently.
> Please let me know if you have any problems and I will do further
> testing on my RPi.

Here is my favorite USB to RS-232 serial adapter (4 port, sold at
Amazon, has FTDI chipset):
   http://www.gearmo.com/shop/gm-ftdi4x/
This worked on my RPi.