[fpc-pascal] interactively draw an ellipse

Ewald ewald at yellowcouch.org
Wed Jan 23 12:35:38 CET 2013

Hello,

Quite easy. Abstract concept:
- Take one framebuffer `ImageBuffer`, whose contents is the final image
- Take another framebuffer `InteractionBuffer` whose contents is
everything that's interactive
- The InteractionBuffer shall be an overlay of the imagebuffer

So when you want to draw it interactively, you draw the ellipse in
InteractionBuffer, and once the user confirms that `yes draw what I see
right now`, you simply draw the ellipse in the ImageBuffer and clear the
InteractionBuffer. If you want to update the interaction buffer with a
new ellipse, you clear it and draw the new ellipse.

As for the third party library: how could you expect for a third party
library to give you such lazarus-specific functionality?

Anyway, hope it helps.

--
Ewald