[fpc-pascal] Favourite Pascal books

Leonardo M. Ramé martinrame at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 22 12:52:48 CET 2013

----- Original Message -----

The best introductory Turbo Pascal book I've ever read was "Mastering Turbo Pascal 6" from Scott D. Palmer spanish edition, I remember how amazed I was after learning how pointers work, and how fast my apps became after replacing arrays by linked lists, etc. Of course this is a very old book, focused mostly on procedural programming (it has a couple of oop chapter, though).

http://www.urbe.edu/UDWLibrary/InfoBook.do?id=1989

Another great book I've read was "Mastering Delphi" 5 and 6 from Marco Cantú, they covered every detail of Delphi, from UI, to Services, and also OOP.

http://www.amazon.com/Mastering-Delphi-6/dp/0782128742

Apart from those, I recommend reading not so Pascal specific books, but application design in general, like "Patterns of Enterprise Application Architecture" from Martin Fowler.

http://www.amazon.com/Patterns-Enterprise-Application-Architecture-Martin/dp/0321127420/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1358855453&sr=1-1&keywords=design+patterns+martin

Leonardo M. Ramé
http://leonardorame.blogspot.com