[fpc-pascal] Re: State of fcl-stl generics lib

leledumbo leledumbo_cool at yahoo.co.id
Sun Jan 20 14:39:13 CET 2013

> Indeed, but the additions should follow a common goal and as far as I
understood, fcl-stl shall provide opaque containers which is not the
case for a tree implementation.

I thought a better goal would be to have arbitrary data structures that's
commonly used with generic content, and tree is often a missing pearl from
other stl-like packages (original C++ STL, Java CF, etc.). File system
hierarchy, state space searching, ast, etc. all of them uses tree. In fact,
IMHO AVLTree should also be included in fcl-stl, since the current content
data type is pointer, which is NOT typesafe, and it's better to replace it
with a generic data type placeholder.

Furthermore, stl shouldn't be limited to containers. C++ STL has <algorithm>
doesn't it?