[fpc-pascal] Changing variable in conditional

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.fpc-pascal at telemetry.co.uk
Wed Jan 9 09:42:22 CET 2013

Jorge Aldo G. de F. Junior wrote:
> Your phrase almost made me care about...
>
> Do you wanna make me care ? Show some points, make a constructive
> critic about what i said etc.
>
> For all that matter, your answer is just a plain old argumentum ad
> hominem, a fallacy category, and being a fallacy, tells me you cant
> really make a good answer, so i infer you are the idiot here.

Please- that really wasn't called for. It's quite obvious from context
that Henry was simply agreeing with your

>>> Pascal generally improves programmer productivity. Lets not break this
>>> by adding crazy ideas from C/C++ family of languages...

>> "Better to keep your mouth closed and be thought a fool than to open it
>> and remove all doubt"

But if you want an example of a very nasty bug caused by C/C++ multiple
assignment, there was a well-documented attempt to slip a privilege
escalation into the Linux kernel based on this a few years ago.

It's very easy to argue against multiple assignment. It's less easy to
argue against implementing an equivalent of the C/C++ conditional.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk