[fpc-pascal] Changing variable in conditional

Jorge Aldo G. de F. Junior jagfj80 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 12:19:15 CET 2013

C programmers are (usually, but there are a lot of exceptions) bad
programmers who confuse the power of a language with the capability of
decrease the ammount of typing needed to reach a certain goal.

They despise pascal because pascal is somewhat verbose (ignoring that
this is what makes pascal readable) because they think that the best
language is the one wich allows to write a whole program in a single
line of code.

Thats because they dont usually think before writing, they think while
they are implementing, and then the only thing between current momment
and the momment when their program is "ready" is the ammount of
typing.

Pascal programmers tend to plan ahead, they think before they type. We
type a lot because of Pascal verboseness, but usually our code is
right from the start. We end up typing less because we fix less bugs.

Pascal generally improves programmer productivity. Lets not break this
by adding crazy ideas from C/C++ family of languages...