[fpc-pascal] FPJSON and float values.

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Thu Feb 28 17:39:14 CET 2013

On Thu, 28 Feb 2013, silvioprog wrote:

> 2013/2/28 luiz americo pereira camara <luizmed at oi.com.br>
>       2013/2/28 Michael Van Canneyt <michael at freepascal.org>:
>       >
>       > On Thu, 28 Feb 2013, silvioprog wrote:
>       >
>       >> Hello,
>       >> Please see:
>       >>
>       >> http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=23970
>       >
>       >
>       > Fixed.
>
> Seems that you committed by accident code to make AsJSON output more compact.
>
> This may lead to compatibility problems.
>
> Luiz
>

> You touched on an important point. It would be nice to be able to customize the output format of JSON. For example, currently
> the fpjson format is this:
>
> { "foo" : "bar" }
>
> And I personally prefer:
>
> { "foo": "bar" }
>
> The latter format is what we see in all JavaScript libraries. :)

I will not change the default format. Whitespace is irrelevant anyway.

But: If you want to customize the output, you can use the FormatJSON function. It has many options.
If you think of additional formatting options for this method, you are welcome to provide a patch.
But please note that all these wishes will have impact on speed.

Michael.