[fpc-pascal] pascal compiler for ardurino

Ralf A. Quint FreeDOS at gmx.net
Wed Feb 27 08:11:48 CET 2013

At 10:27 PM 2/26/2013, Sven Barth wrote:

>Am 26.02.2013 20:08 schrieb "ik" <<mailto:idokan at gmail.com>idokan at gmail.com>:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > Is there a Pascal compiler for Ardurino (instead of the existed build
> > in language or C) ?
>
>FPC has an AVR target (the processor the Arduino is based on), but I
>don't know its state... (AFAIK its non working though :( )
I know there is an entry in the FPC Wiki about that, but that is
quite "aged" and I am not sure if FPC in general is a good match at
least for the lower end of any micro controller (not only Amtel AVR
but PIC's as well), given that some of them are very limited in the
amount of usable RAM/stack space and usually do not have any float
support either...

Ralf