[fpc-pascal] Semi OT: Database-free application lecture

ik idokan at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 23:22:34 CET 2013

On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 11:28 PM, Sven Barth
<pascaldragon at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On 25.02.2013 21:57, ik wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I gave today a lecture named "database-free applications"[1].
>> The lecture explain an idea of how to design complex systems and break
>> them apart etc...
>>
>> The lecture is in English and so does my slide notes, and I think that
>> people here can enjoy the idea as well.
>>
>> [1] https://github.com/ik5/database_free_application_lecture
>> Please note that it's only the sources, and you need also to use git
>> submodule to get the presentation system to work.
>>
>> I hope this will help, and feel free to ask me questions in the
>> subject if you have any
>

> Somehow I fail to see how this talk relates to "database free"... Somewhere
> you'll need to have the data anyway.

The idea is to break thinks into small parts.
99.9 of the things you do, need to know only specific parts, but not
everything :)
It's all there btw ...

> Regards,
> Sven
>
> PS: I like the idea of using HTML5/JS as a presentation mechanism, though I
> the navigation is a bit... confusing (right, down, down, down, right, down,
> down, right...)
use "space" and it will go the proper direction, the tool allow you to
create "sub" sections, so each sub section is a whole subject