[fpc-pascal] differences between .pp and .pas files

Tomas Hajny XHajT03 at hajny.biz
Mon Feb 25 11:49:01 CET 2013

On Mon, February 25, 2013 11:40, Sven Barth wrote:
> On 25.02.2013 09:30, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
>> On Mon, 25 Feb 2013, Sven Barth wrote:
 .
 .
>>> Today .pp is used for example for FPC's test files (also for new ones)
>>> out if habit.
>>
>> I think you are under a misapprehension. It is not 'out of habit'. I use
>> .pp for all my contributions, out of principle.
>
> Then let me rephrase my last sentence:
>
> Today .pp is used for example for FPC's test files (also for new ones)
> either out of habit or out of principle.
>
> Better now? :)

Well, specifically talking about the test files, it's not only matter of
habit or principles but also the Makefile only supporting this suffix as
far as I know. ;-)

I had to rename tfexpand accordingly just because of that (the test itself
is explicitly constructed in a way allowing compilation also with TP/BP
and preferably also Delphi - although I cannot check the latter myself).

Tomas