[fpc-pascal] Forward struct declaration in C

dhkblaszyk at zeelandnet.nl dhkblaszyk at zeelandnet.nl
Fri Feb 22 09:57:42 CET 2013

Hi,

I'm porting a piece of software to FPC but I got stuck at a forward struct
declaration. The situation is as folows.

Header 1 declares:
    struct TaskHandle__;
    typedef void (*CallBackProcPtr)(struct TaskHandle__ *task);

And Header2 provdes:
    typedef struct TaskHandle__ { int unused; } *TaskHandle

However header 2 already references header 1 because it already contains
some other type definitions, so I cannot reference header 2 in header 1
because of a circular dependency. Can FPC do something similar to C and
define a forward record?

Regards, Darius