[fpc-pascal] What's a unit?

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.fpc-pascal at telemetry.co.uk
Tue Feb 19 18:08:32 CET 2013

Sven Barth wrote:

>> Thanks Sven, looks interesting and I'll play with it presently. Can an
>> extended record's fields/methods be set up at compilation time, or do
>> they need to be done by code?
>>

> The example I've given was for the case that you load the functions
> dynamically and use the procvars contained in the record. You could do
> it this way as well:

Yes, that's pretty much what I'm already doing (courtesy of somebody's
Delphi NAG bindings). But what about the static case, i.e. can an
extended record be exposed as a constant in an ordinary unit (no DLLs
etc. involved) with the methods preinitialised?

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk