[fpc-pascal] OT a bit - Planet Object Pascal

ik idokan at gmail.com
Sat Feb 16 14:46:17 CET 2013

On Sat, Feb 16, 2013 at 10:44 AM, Frank Church <vfclists at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 13 February 2013 11:34, ik <idokan at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'ved created an RSS aggregation site for Object Pascal related blogs:
> > http://planet.objpas.org/
> >
> > This is a test run, and the look and feel will be changed in the feature.
> > If you have a blog or can provide RSS for FPC/Lazarus news please send
> > me an email with the feed details and I'll add you.
> >
> > Ido
>
> I tried something like this before and I was suprised at the dearth of
> Lazarus and FreePascal bloggers. Getting Lazarus and FPC developers,
> (let alone users) to blog about their experiences is like pulling
> teeth.I think a law should be passed requiring FPC users to blog about
> their usage and experiences at least twice a year.
>
> I just visited and it was the same South American bloggers like Silvio
> Clecio, Leonardo Rame. You do get a number of Delphi developers
> though.
>  I am hoping my attempt was premature. The Lazarus forum should have a
> bold banner saying reading "What FPC or Lazarus feature have you
> blogged about this year?" Making it this month or this quarter may
> just be too much.

You have also my blog (mostly in Hebrew, to keep Pascal in the
conversation, and provide local information).
Yes, with FPC/Lazarus most does not keep blogs, I created some interviews
once with FPC developers, and Florian
asked me "what do you prefer, someone who develop the compiler or someone
who talk" :)