[fpc-pascal] TStringList.Put calls change even if value hasn't changed

Bart bartjunk64 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 12:26:21 CET 2013

On 2/10/13, Michael Van Canneyt <michael at freepascal.org> wrote:

> You expect wrong. No supposition is made whatsoever on the value.
> Every write in the list triggers a change.
>
> This is how delphi implements it, and that is how we implemented it.

That's why I mentioned I might be horribly wrong.
So Delphi compatibility.

I think it's inconsitent with other components that have a OnChange.
Generally this is only fired if something (text) "really" changed.

Current behaviour leads to many unneccesary calls to OnChange and
OnChanging in a certain Lazarus LCL component (fixed it there).

Thanks for explaining.

Bart