[fpc-pascal] Re: [fpc-announce] Feature announcement: Type helpers

Gerhard Scholz gs at g--s.de
Fri Feb 8 00:30:32 CET 2013

Hello,

I tried to compile the example:

type
   TLongIntHelper = type helper for LongInt
     class procedure Test; static;
   end;

class procedure TLongIntHelper.Test;
begin
   Writeln('Test');
end;

var
   i: LongInt;
begin
   i.Test;
   $12345678.Test;
   LongInt.Test;
end.

Result:

 0:25:46,51
G:\ob\syncdirs>ppc386 -vv -al -CioOrt -Cs6000000  -gclt -Mobjfpc -O1 -OpPENTIUM
 -Fuu:\ -FuM:\u -FuC:\c\-u -FiC:\c\-u -Fuz:\-u -Fiz:\-u -FuP:\gs\tp55\includes
 -Fuf:\-u -Fiu:\ -FiM:\u -FiP:\gs\tp55\includes -Fif:\-u -FE.
thelper
thelper.pas(2,33) Error: Identifier not found "helper"
thelper.pas(2,33) Error: Error in type definition
thelper.pas(2,33) Error: Can't create unique type from this type
thelper.pas(2,33) Fatal: Syntax error, ";" expected but "FOR" found
Fatal: Compilation aborted

The compiler is freshly generated from the SVN

Does the compiler expect special options to invoke the record helper
feature?

Gerhard