[fpc-pascal] x86 asm bswap

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.fpc-pascal at telemetry.co.uk
Wed Feb 6 12:43:37 CET 2013

Juha Manninen wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 10:40 AM, Jeppe Græsdal Johansen
> <jjohan07 at student.aau.dk> wrote:
>> function TPNGProcessor.SwapLong( const aValue: Cardinal ): Cardinal;
>> begin
>>    result := BeToN(aValue);
>> end;
>
> Thanks, it works!
> There are so many functions in FPC libraries which I don't know
> anything about. This was one of them.

I wonder whether I could ask a silly question here: is there a way of
processing the RTL documentation to extract the description as a single
line, so that it can be run through a permuted-index generator?

For example, if index-generation was restricted to ten words the lines

BEToN will rearrange the bytes in a Big-Endian number
LEToN will rearrange the bytes in a Little-Endian number

run through the unix ptx utility would index under "Endian" (amongst
others).

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk