[fpc-pascal] Warning: Variable xxx does not seem to be initialized

Marcos Douglas md at delfire.net
Tue Dec 31 15:06:28 CET 2013

On Mon, Dec 30, 2013 at 9:38 PM, Sven Barth <pascaldragon at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Am 30.12.2013 20:08 schrieb "Marcos Douglas" <md at delfire.net>:
>

>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm using FPC 2.6.2 and {advancedrecords}.
>> The compiler shows a warning when I use a record variable. IMO this is
>> a bug because record variables need not be initialized, right?
>
> Managed types (strings, interfaces, dynamic arrays) inside a record will
> have a valid value (Nil), but other values will he garbage. The compiler
> does not check whether a record contains any non-managed fields before
> generating the warning.

Ok. But is this will be "corrected" in the next version? Because if
won't, I can not see sense to use it.
The structure that does same but does not have this problem is the
object type. But is it used yet? I think Delphi make it deprecated,
right?

Talking about Delphi, it has the same problem with warnings on records?

Thanks,
Marcos Douglas