[fpc-pascal] Re: Compilation Error At revision 25270.

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Sat Aug 17 14:14:18 CEST 2013

In our previous episode, Reinier Olislagers said:
> >> .a/.o files to clean. Therefore make clean does not clean all .a/.o
> >> files, i.e. does not work, i.e. doing just make clean is not always enough.
> >
> > That's what make distclean is for.
>
> Which doesn't always work, as I mentioned.

It indeed sometimes bombs out. If you look deeper, it is fpmake not being
able to delete the units/$fpctarget directory because it is not empty.

So either a file or some lock is there. Trouble is that it is catastrophic
(IOW further cleaning halts).

A workaround  is to kill the fpmake and then run distclean (then it afaik
does by rm -rf)