[fpc-pascal] MS DOS 8086 compiler?

Nikolay Nikolov nickysn at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Apr 29 18:37:59 CEST 2013

On 04/29/2013 12:49 PM, Michael Schnell wrote:
> On 04/27/2013 02:11 PM, Bart wrote:
>> On 4/27/13, Reinier Olislagers <reinierolislagers at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Noticed that an 8086 branch was merged to fpc trunk. Is it time to get
>>> out some 5.25" diskettes[1]?
>>>
>>> [1] Shame I dumped all the accompanying hardware long ago ;) Perhaps
>>> break out DOSBOX ;)
>>
> I think I still can dig out some 8" single sided single density
> diskettes with 160 K or something.

Actually, for me, the most convenient way to transfer data to and from a
vintage PC is via an RS232 null modem cable. You can connect it to your
modern PC directly - even if you don't have an RS232 port, there are
cheap USB to RS232 converters available, if necessary, while there's no
normal way to attach a 5.25 inch floppy to a modern PC.

Nikolay