[fpc-pascal] using mtprocs

John Lee johnelee0 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 19 01:39:03 CEST 2013

Thanks - however, my attempt to modify the test program by adding the exec
as below so it works in 'parallel' with the main program doesn't work, so I
must have missed something.

program Test;
{$mode objfpc}{$H+}
uses windows,classes, dos,  crt, sysutils,MTProcs;
var j:longint;

// a simple parallel procedure
procedure DoSomethingParallel(Index: PtrInt; Data: Pointer; Item:
TMultiThreadP♦
var
  i: Integer;
begin
  writeln(Index);
  if index=1 then
  begin
  //this compression, using arc (but it could be 7z takes 30 secs)
   exec('c:\windows\system32\cmd','/c c:\utils\arc a -mx tmp
c:\live_sol\ans.dat');
   exit;
  end;
  for i:=1 to Index*1000000 do ; // do some work
end;

begin
  ProcThreadPool.DoParallel(@DoSomethingParallel,1,5,nil); // address,
startind♦