[fpc-pascal] Re: Generics - how to rewrite TOjectDictionary

Marius2 fpclazarus at home.nl
Sun Apr 7 23:42:38 CEST 2013

Thanks Dimitri,

Yes, I have used it lots of times and its really the last choice if theres
something available like the objectdictionary. In this case the dict is also
the owner of the objects, it saves me the continious ugly typecasting, takes
care of the extra administration with freeing objects and all the additional
troubles you get over time with this solution (its not as bad as i'm telling
now). In other words tstrings.objects are working fine, but i find it a bad
strategy if you have to use it in flatout in the whole application.

I'm curious how to rewrite/solve dictionaries, indexed list and even sorted
strings.objects to a neat solution while (if possible) working with both
delphi and fpc/laz.

Greetings,
Marius