[fpc-pascal] Generics - how to rewrite TOjectDictionary

Marius marius at lmspathologie.nl
Sun Apr 7 18:48:02 CEST 2013

Hello,

It was many years ago i tried fpc/lazarus so i'm not up to speed with
eveything. At this moment I'm trying to rewrite a piece of software from
delphi to fpc/laz and i'm having trouble rewriting generics and in special
the TObjectDictionary. Below shows how it is implemented in delphi.

Is there a native fpc solution for this and if there is not what are the
alternatives to rewrite this? Or would it even be better to avoid generics
in general?

TMyDic = TObjectDictionary <string, TMyObject>;

I would welcome any tips to solve this

Thanks,
Marius

I'm using fpc 2.7.1, laz 1.1(svn 4/7/13)