[fpc-pascal] SDL 2.0 Conversion Status?

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Fri Apr 5 21:15:48 CEST 2013

On 05.04.2013 16:44, Anthony Walter wrote:
> It would seem that SDL 2.0 is going to be released in May, and is a
> complete rewrite which is incompatible with SDL 1.2. It seems to add a
> lot of functionality and I believe Valve's steam box is going to be
> based on SDL 2.0.
>
> My question is, has anyone done any work on SDL 2.0 with Free Pascal? If
> so have you contributed your C header conversion online anywhere? If
> not, I could write a conversion but would need a little assistance
> afterwards in creating/contributing to an OSS repository and learning
> how to accept patches/collaberate.

I don't know of any SDL 2.0 conversion (though that doesn't mean
anything :P ), but if you do it yourself you could try whether h2pas
(provided with FPC) can handle the header files correctly (it could be -
depending on the header - that you need to comment out a few things, but
normally it should help quite a bit).

Regards,
Sven