[fpc-pascal] Re: TPQConnection: Duplicated error message.

Reinier Olislagers reinierolislagers at gmail.com
Fri Apr 5 09:10:29 CEST 2013

On 5-4-2013 8:52, silvioprog wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Please see:

Well, I'd personnally rather would people to fix:
[FPC] Recent changes in dwarf crash heaptrc in lnfodwrf.pp
that's been open since 2011 and if it still applies probably messes with
my debugging which I'm not happy about as my bug free code writing
abilities are not that great ;)

In other words: why are you posting your bugs on the mailing list when
they'll show up in mantis anyway?

Regarding the content of your question in the bug: AFAIU it's for
backward compatibility. The generic db error shows the error message.
The specialized PostgreSQL error does the same, but also shows it in
detail (perhaps, can't remember, there can be a list of multiple errors).
I'm sure the guy who implemented this (I think Ludo Brands) can tell you
exactly what's going on.