[fpc-pascal] String type compatibility

Xiangrong Fang xrfang at gmail.com
Wed Apr 3 10:56:06 CEST 2013

2013/4/3 Marco van de Voort <marcov at stack.nl>

> Shortstring, is an alias for shortstring[255] the maximum size. Use getters
> and setters if you want to make this work.

Thanks, however, I am just defining getter. So, to make this work, I need
to define things like:

type
  MyProp = string[5];

then use it in class, right? I thought it is should be compatible...

BTW, recently there are many discussions about language features, now I
would like to ask one question, why the following is not supported in
pascal:

procedure SomeThing(AParam: array[0..10] of Integer);

or

procedure SomeThing(Aparam: string[10]);

But you have to define a custom type first?