[fpc-pascal] Re: New FPCUnit db results writer: testdbwriter: request for... testing
graeme at geldenhuys.co.uk
Wed Oct 24 11:01:08 CEST 2012
On 2012-10-19 15:52, Reinier Olislagers wrote:
>  http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Jenkins
I've only heard about Jenkins since your recent post. I only read the
overview on the wiki, but will investigate this further.
I thought I would also mention something we use in our company.
We use Git repositories, and have custom git hook scripts to create
release builds for our software.
- we develop and push commits as normal
- one day we decide to create a new build. We then create a tag
"build" and push it to our server
- the git hook script detects the "build" tag, then
does a checkout of that revision and starts creating
a new release of our software.
- The release can even be packaged as a zip archive or as
a setup.sh or setup.exe These setups or zip archives are
placed in a location for easy download. eg: a SMB share or
- Once the release is done, the "build" tag is removed on
We have found this very convenient and useful. Anybody can trigger a new
release and get easy access to the final setup/archive.
- Graeme -
More information about the fpc-pascal