[fpc-pascal] Re: problems compiling FPC

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Wed Oct 17 14:54:31 CEST 2012

On 17 Oct 2012, at 13:43, Marco van de Voort wrote:

> It is kept simple on purpose. Only works on toplevel makefile (easy to
> maintain), only on the toplevel "all" target, the required version
> is also
> kept there (toplevel Makefile.fpc as only place).

I think it's annoying that you then have to type
OVERRIDEVERSIONCHECK=1 whenever you build a cross-compiler. Even more:
it will suggest that building a cross-compiler should also be done
starting with the latest release, while in fact it they should be
built using a native compiler built from the same svn version.
Therefore I don't think think that we can check anything in case of
cross-building.

Jonas