[fpc-pascal] Re: problems compiling FPC

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Wed Oct 17 13:43:07 CEST 2012

In our previous episode, Reinier Olislagers said:
> > work-in-progress.
> >
> > So saying "if it won't compile with stable then sod off" isn't helpful.
>
> Mark, I understand what you mean.
>
> Regardless of the way Graeme put his point, I think having:
> - a rough check on latest stable compiler
> - a way to force the makefile to override the check for people who need
> this such as SPARC users)
> will lessen the amount of problems significantly

http://www.stack.nl/~marcov/toplevelMakefile.fpc.patch

Don't forget to regenerate makefile after applying

It is kept simple on purpose. Only works on toplevel makefile (easy to
maintain), only on the toplevel "all" target, the required version is also
kept there (toplevel Makefile.fpc as only place).