[fpc-pascal] creating msgpack port to Pascal

ik idokan at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 16:40:35 CEST 2012

Hi List,

I've started working on porting msgpack (messagepack.org) to native
FreePascal code: (https://github.com/ik5/fp-msgpack).
If you do not know it, then it's a way to move data around with
minimal amount of bytes in process.
It was designed to take things like JSON and translate it into bytes
that takes less space.

It "compresses" data (I call it packing) to a byte notation, and you
can unpack it back again to the original data.
Numbers bigger then a byte, are always saves as Big Endian, and you
can it support also strings (it called raw in the terminology),
arrays and maps (key value) objects.

It's not made for human readability but for network connections for example.

With my implementation I had the following idea is to do things:
1. Create low level API (procedure based)
2. Create higher level API (classes that binds things togather)
3. Create JSON to msgpack to JSNO converters.

However I dislike the API way that I'm currently started to do, and I
am looking for better ideas in the subject.

Thanks,
Ido