[fpc-pascal] Free Pascal 2.6.2 rc1

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.fpc-pascal at telemetry.co.uk
Wed Nov 21 21:47:15 CET 2012

Marco van de Voort wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We have placed the first release-candidate of the Free Pascal Compiler
> version 2.6.2 on our ftp-servers.
>
> You can help improve the upcoming 2.6.2 release by downloading and
> testing this release. If you want you can report what you have done here:
> http://wiki.freepascal.org/Testers_2.6.2

I don't like raising my head above the parapet on this one, but running
on Linux x86 (32-bit):

If Lazarus trunk is built with 2.6.0 the bug described at
http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=22463 does not occur.

If Lazarus trunk is built with 2.6.2 rc1 the bug is reproducible.

The SQL in the attachment can be simplified to the six lines given in
one of the notes. LacaK2 appears to have demonstrated that the error
does not occur if the SQL is forced in as part of the program rather
than from the Lazarus IDE, but this bug still appears to be something to
do with the compiler version.

The error can be seen simply by reading the project into the Lazarus
IDE, it's not necessary to compile/run. I've not managed to get anywhere
tracking this down myself.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk