[fpc-pascal] Why opening a file for write fails in fpc 2.6?

Giuliano Colla giuliano.colla at fastwebnet.it
Thu Nov 1 11:50:48 CET 2012

Il 01/11/2012 01:07, Jonas Maebe ha scritto:
> I'm personally not a big fan of having different behaviour across
> platforms when it can be avoided without too much trouble,
In general I agree with you. I often debate with Lazarus team because,
in order to provide "native behavior" they make it difficult to achieve
consistent look and behavior on different platforms (which is just what
I'm usually required from my customers). But I end up getting the worst
of both worlds: inconsistent behavior where I need consistency,
consistent behavior where I'd happily do without :-(
> and I doubt there's much source code around that relies on
> Kylix-specific behaviour.
I'm among the unhappy former Kylix users, trying to carry on with a lot
of unsupported Kylix code :-(

Giuliano