[fpc-pascal] Best way to transfer data between applications?

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 1 10:36:23 CET 2012

On 01.11.2012 03:30, Noah Silva wrote:
> As an aside, threads are one area where it seems ObjC has a huge
> advantage.  I wish there was a way to just say something like
> "RunInBackground(procedure)" in FPC.

Once anonymous methods are implemented (I don't give an estimate here
though) you should be able to do something like that.

> Background threads not being able
> to touch the GUI, etc. makes it all but useless for many purposes.

That you can't access the GUI is not a problem of FPC, but a design
decision of the LCL (or better: the VCL which it is based upon). If
you'd write a GUI toolkit yourself you could write it in a way that
allows access from multiple threads (if the underlying GUI system
(WinAPI, X11, etc.) allows it of course)...

Regards,
Sven