[fpc-pascal] Cross compiling x86_64 on i386 Linux.

Bruce Tulloch bruce at causal.com
Wed May 30 01:50:37 CEST 2012

Thanks Jonas,

I tried --with-sysroot for configure in buildcrossbinutils and it does
not appear to make any difference. I still get the error
"/usr/local/opt/binutils/bin/x86_64-linux-ld: skipping incompatible
/lib/libpthread.so.0 when searching for /lib/libpthread.so.0" at the
link phase.

I'm thinking that ld should be looking at:

  /mnt/engels/lib/libpthread.so.0

but according to the error message it's looking at:

  /lib/libpthread.so.0

which read literally would explain the error. FWIW I have attached the
buildcrossbinutils build log in case there's a clue in there.

Unless you have any other suggestions I might just give up and upgrade
my mobile development environment to an x86_64 capable netbook and run a
mixed 64/32 bit system to build 64 bit (and 32 bit) targets.

I'm guessing not many people attempt to do it the other way around these
days so I might as well join the 64 bit party...

Cheers, Bruce.