[fpc-pascal] Debug information

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Tue May 29 01:42:12 CEST 2012

On 28/05/2012 23:53, Rainer Stratmann wrote:
> Am Monday 28 May 2012 22:25:47 schrieb Martin:
>> Check that you have not accidentally set any options that will block
>> -gl, such as -Xs or maybe (may work but I do not know for sure) -Xg
>>
>> After changing options, change "Build" or "Build all" from "run" menu.
> All done, same effect (only addresses shown).
> I thought of other options that block the lineoutput, but can not imagine
> which one.

Gets back to one of the questions of the last mail: Did you have a look
at the exe size?
The exe size is the easiest indicator, if debug info was added.

Running out of ideas myself.

Can you run with F9 in Lazarus? making sure the debugger is set up  (
http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Debugger_Setup )
The debugger should stop on a run error, and you should be able to get
the stacktrace.
It does not solve the initial problem, but one step at a time.