[fpc-pascal] Reversing bit-order of byte

Koenraad Lelong fpascal at brouwerij.homelinux.net
Thu May 3 09:10:40 CEST 2012

Hi,

I'm porting a driver, originally written in C, for an LCD to be used
with an embedded arm-processor (STM32).
The original driver uses SPI, my driver will use a USART in synchronous
mode because the STM32 has no SPI for 9-bit. Unfortunately, the
bit-order is reversed between SPI and USART transmission.
Does anyone knows an efficient way to reverse bit-order of a byte for
the arm-processor ? I'm going to look into the assembly language of the
arm-processor, but maybe someone knows this immediately.
For old processors like 8085 or Z80 I know how to do this, but
arm-assembler is new to me.

Thanks for any hints.

Koenraad Lelong.