[fpc-pascal] Re: Errors compiling FPC trunk r21192 x86 windows & existential questions

Reinier Olislagers reinierolislagers at gmail.com
Wed May 2 18:37:13 CEST 2012

On 2-5-2012 18:26, Marco van de Voort wrote:
> In our previous episode, Reinier Olislagers said:
>>
>> Seem to be having some problems compiling FPC trunk r21192 x86 windows
>> (see below).
>> However, x64 build does work.
>>
>> Is this a known problem?
>> Should I keep pestering the list with these kinds of mails (I can put
>> them up in the bugtracker or just wait and be patient as well ;)
>> What's the answer to the question of life, the universe and everything?
>
> Hygiene. Make a simple batch file that recursively zaps all .o and .a and
> .ppu.
>
> If you encounter problems, run the batchfile, and then update (to restore a
> few .o that actually belong in SVN). Only then start to look into detail.

Oh yes, of course, the interesting case of make clean that... doesn't.
One would say I'd have to know better by now. Sounds like some more work
on fpcup then... so my forgetting again won't matter ;)

Meanwhile:
del *.o /s
del *.a /s
del *.ppu /s
rem fpcup will do an svn up, make all etc...
fpcup --fpcURL="http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/fpc/trunk" ...and some
more arguments...
worked...

Thanks,