[fpc-pascal] Internal Error 2010021405 when compiling in Linux

kyan alfasud.ti at gmail.com
Wed May 2 12:43:48 CEST 2012

Hello all,

I am trying to compile a program that contains the following code consturct:

type
  THashEntry<T> = record
    Key: string;
    Value: T;
    class function Create(const AKey: string; const AValue: T):
THashEntry<T>; static; inline;
  end;

in Lazarus with FPC version 2.7.1 built from the trunk svn repos
(http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/fpc/trunk/). It compiles in Windows but
fails in (Fedora) Linux with the message: "Fatal: Internal error
2010021405". It is easily reproduced if you copy-paste the type
declaration in a new project with $mode Delphi.

This matches the bug #19500 which is marked as resolved by Sven Barth
but it seems somehow  not to have been fixed in Linux; I don't know if
this is possible. I compared the sources of FPC for both Windows and
Linux using Beyond Compare and there is no difference. What am I doing
 wrong?

TIA

Constantine.