[fpc-pascal] Database questions re 21579: [Patch] Dbtestframework compilationf fixes for Win64

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 28 11:36:10 CEST 2012

Am 28.03.2012 11:12, schrieb Reinier Olislagers:
> On 28-3-2012 11:04, Sven Barth wrote:
>> Am 28.03.2012 10:29, schrieb Reinier Olislagers:
>>> Oracle instant client for Windows x64 (the download size makes it... not
>>> so instant though)
>>> http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/features/instant-client/index-097480.html
>> It's called "instant" client, because it does not need any installation
>> compared to the "usual" client.
> I know, don't get me started on ORACLE_HOME etc...
>
> Do you know why it's not compiled on Win64?

Do you want the reason why it's not compiled in the view of fpmake (a)
or in a technical view (b)?

(a) No wonder as the OS list for Oracle is
"SqldbConnectionOSes-SqldbWithoutPosgresOSes"

(b) Maybe nobody needed it yet. I myself might be the first one at all
who wanted to interface with Oracle on Windows directly without ODBC. ;)

>> Note: I had yet no real success with the Oracle connection on Windows
>> (32 Bit). I'm still investigating the exact reasons, so I can report
>> approbiate bugs (one reason seems to be that the calling convention in
>> the oracle interface unit is wrong).
> Can't remember whether I've tried running it at all... But since it has
> been committed surely it must have been working for at least some people!??!

Maybe it was only really tested on Linux...

Regards,
Sven