[fpc-pascal] SQLdb: problem using GDB, but do not have memleak

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Tue Mar 20 22:27:13 CET 2012

On 20/03/2012 12:08, Marcos Douglas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was testing the new connector to MSSQL when I found a problem.
> If I compile and run in console, I have no memleak. Good. But if I put
> a breakpoint in AConnection.Free; and press F8, I got this:
>
> ERROR
> ,msg="Warning:\nCannot insert breakpoint -237.\nError accessing memory
> address 0x7816cd30: Input/output error.\n"

Does the issue happen the first time you press F8, or to you have to
press a 2nd time?

In other words: Is it possble the debugger pauses inside free (possible
in a dll) and that when you hit F8 then, it can not step, because the
dll has no debug info?

If in stopped in the DLL, it might still put the green arrow on your
source => first stack with frame debug info...

Open and watch the stack window.

---
Also open the "debug output" window. Open this one before you start your
app. Then copy the content.

---
If indeed gdb stops inside a dll, then F8 simply can not work