[fpc-pascal] SQLdb: problem using GDB, but do not have memleak

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Tue Mar 20 13:34:50 CET 2012

On 20/03/2012 12:08, Marcos Douglas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was testing the new connector to MSSQL when I found a problem.
> If I compile and run in console, I have no memleak. Good. But if I put
> a breakpoint in AConnection.Free; and press F8, I got this:
>
> ERROR
> ,msg="Warning:\nCannot insert breakpoint -237.\nError accessing memory
> address 0x7816cd30: Input/output error.\n"

A negative breakpoint means internal to gdb (like a breakpoint gdb sets
for stepping). So when you press F8 gdb apparently can't get the correct
location where the step should end.

Are you sure your app (and package that has debug info) are compiled:
- with either -O0 or -O1 (no other optimization enabled)
- your app is NOT smartlinked

wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/GDB_Debugger_Tips