[fpc-pascal] Re: xterm -e program-compiled-with-fpc2.4.0 doesn't work

max m.euer at planet.nl
Thu Mar 1 11:09:30 CET 2012

Thank you for your tips and suggestions.
It seems that  FPSYSTEM from rtl-Sysutils is the 1:1 replacement for the old
SHELL function but that made no difference to my problem.
I dug out the previsious fpc version 1.9.4 from archive.debian.org which
fortunately could be installed [for how long?] and hey presto:
the good old xterm -e <program> runs again.