[fpc-pascal] Adding method dynamically to a class

Ludo Brands ludo.brands at free.fr
Wed Jun 20 09:32:06 CEST 2012

They can, but there is a protocol that I'm trying to create that provides me
information what to execute (out of white list). The thing is, that the
first request maps the methods to be used, and there could be 2 or 200. To
implement 200 methods that might be used is not a good idea imho, but adding
the proper method to the instance/class will work much better.

It's easy to do in dynamic language, and I might need to implement it there
instead :(

Can't you create a stub that executes your variable methods/functions?
Something like

Type
  TTest = class
    procedure Foo;
    procedure NewMethod(MethodName:string;
MethodAddress:TProcedureOfObject);
    procedure Call(MethodName:string)
  end;

NewMethod stores the name + method address in fe. a StringList. Call just
looks up the method and executes it. The method will receive the Self of the
TTest instance which is what you want.

Ludo