[fpc-pascal] header translation question, 64 bit problem

Bernd prof7bit at googlemail.com
Sun Jun 17 12:36:22 CEST 2012

Thank you all for the valuable info. I have now changed everything to
use only the types from ctypes, cint for int and culong for unsigned
long. Once my tester on the other side of the atlantic wakes up I can
test it.

2012/6/17 Florian Klämpfl <florian at freepascal.org>:
> Am 17.06.2012 01:02, schrieb Bernd:
>>
>>   TPurplePluginInfo = packed record
>
> You should also avoid using packed. FPC usually uses the same alignment
> as C on a certain platform does if the types are correctly used.

I did not know this.  I have read in many different places that one
should use packed (thats the reason I did it in the first place), but
I will now remove it from all my records.

Bernd