[fpc-pascal] fpmake question

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Thu Jun 14 18:27:47 CEST 2012

On 14.06.2012 17:38, Bernd wrote:
> I have some questions about fpmake. I cannot find any real examples or
> helpful explanations about it, so I'm currently experimenting with the
> incomplete information from the wiki.

Currently the best examples seem to be the various fpmake.pp files in
$fpcdir/packages/PACKAGENAME/ (because they are in production use ;) ).

>> From what I have understood so far (might be completely wrong) I
> assume that my fpmake.pp is the equivalent of the Makefile (containing
> all the targets, rules and other logic) and fppkg is the equivalent of
> the make command.

Not quite. fppkg is a program to handle the installation and upgrading
of packages (this includes compiling and then running the fpmake.pp file
as well). So fpmake itself is basically the make command.

I can't help you with your remaining problem though as I'm not that
deeply into fpmake yet.

Regards,
Sven