[fpc-pascal] buffered filestream

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Sun Jun 10 16:40:46 CEST 2012

On Sun, 10 Jun 2012 17:13:28 +0300
Zaher Dirkey <parmaja at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 10, 2012 at 4:00 PM, Mattias Gaertner <nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
> > wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Is there already a buffered file stream in the fpc sources?
> > Or maybe a generic buffered input stream that can be used with
> > TFileStream?
> >

> check mine,
> http://minilib.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/minilib/trunk/lib/mnStreams.pas?view=markup

Thanks, that seems to be a nice sequential text file reader/writer.

That's not what I search. I will try to be more specific:

I want to pass the stream to a binary reader, which skips big
parts of the stream. It can seek backwards and the files can be several
GB, so I need the int64 read/write/seek.

Maybe the word "buffer" is wrong, maybe "cache" is better.

Preferably the buffer size can be set up at creation.

Mattias