[fpc-pascal] Re: [OT] GPL Lisence help

Reinier Olislagers reinierolislagers at gmail.com
Sat Jul 28 10:30:46 CEST 2012

On 28-7-2012 1:03, Daniel Gaspary wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 5:39 PM, Dimitrios Chr. Ioannidis
> <d.ioannidis-ks0MAZ7u1Ijsq35pWSNszA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>>   first let me express my apologies for the off topic question.
>>
>>   I'm having trouble to choose the correct gpl lisence for a new open
>> source project that i'm starting. I want the project to be open source
>> gpl'ed so it can be accepted in distro's like Debian. But, at the same
>> time, because the structure is modular, i want the possibility, to be
>> used by anyone in commercial applications.
>>
>>   Can anyone give a hint and/or a suggestion ?
>
> How about Dual licensed ?
>
> Let people choose the license: GPL or MIT
+1 for GPL+MIT dual license.

Simple, clear and works.

Less need for lawyers - ask 2 and you get 3 opinions anyway :)

The only thing is that looking at the OP's way of asking the question, I
think he should read those licenses a couple of times (as well as some
summaries) in order to understand them well.

Mailing list discussions, lawyer advice etc can't fix things for you if
you don't know what the license means... you'll have to find out
yourself, perhaps not to a very detailed level, but certainly the
general idea of the license.