[fpc-pascal] Getting UTC time etc.

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.fpc-pascal at telemetry.co.uk
Sat Jul 28 00:32:13 CEST 2012

I know that this was discussed a couple of months ago, but I had
difficulty working out what the consensus was.

i)	Is there an FPC function which will get the raw time from the RTC,
which on unix systems will usually be UTC (specifically, without a DST
correction)?

ii)	Are there functions to get "Unix seconds", "Borland seconds" and so
on? Preferably without DST correction, or with the correction being
extractable?

I'm trying to work out a fairly large distributed system, and while the
backend databases will generally be able to supply UTC I'd like to be
able to get it from the client for status messages etc. before connection.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk