[fpc-pascal] Database problem on Solaris SPARC

Ludo Brands ludo.brands at free.fr
Thu Jul 12 11:15:47 CEST 2012

> I've found a problem when a (well-tested) program that connects to a
> PostgreSQL database is compiled and run on Solaris 10 for
> SPARC, Linux
> SPARC is OK.
>
> I appreciate that this is a minority platform, but would I be less
> unpopular reporting it against 2.6.0 or testing it against
> 2.7.1 first?
> Problem appears to be in pqconnection.pp and I can see that it's
> recently been worked on.

AFAIK non of the recent changes in pqconnection.pp would affect solaris
(alignment or other). So if the program compiled with 2.6.0 works fine on
linux sparc and fails on solaris sparc I would suspect more the PostgreSQL
client libraries. Are those the same versions? What problems are you
experiencing?

Ludo