[fpc-pascal] Custom operators for non-record types

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Tue Jul 3 15:28:18 CEST 2012

Sven Barth wrote on Tue, 03 Jul 2012:

> Am 03.07.2012 12:23 schrieb "JC Chu" <jcchu at acm.org>:
>>
>> Could you elaborate on that?  Do I need to run the test suite with the
>> old compiler first?
>
> * first do a "make cycle" on a unmodified checkout, then run the testsuite.

While "make cycle" is useful as a first test, for a complete testsuite
run you also need the packages. So before running the testsuite, run a
"make all" in the top level FPC directory (possibly preceded by an "rm
build*" in case make says that nothing needs to be done for "all").

Also, if you do this regularly and have a multicore, you can speed up
things significantly by using (replace "x" with the number of cores
you have, or the number of cores+1 if you have a slow hard drive or
are performing a cold build)
a) for the fpc make all: make all -j x FPMAKEOPT="-T x"
b) for the testsuite: make full TEST_OPT="-O2" -j x

(the testsuite "full" target is equivalent to "clean all digest", but
written in a way that makes all dependencies explicit so that parallel
building works correctly)

Jonas