[fpc-pascal] libQT4Pas - Why it is needed?

Andrew Haines AndrewD207 at aol.com
Mon Jan 30 20:17:22 CET 2012

On 01/30/12 02:19, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> On 29 January 2012 16:31, Jonas Maebe  wrote:
>>
>> GTK offers a plain C interface. QT only offers a C++ interface. FPC does not (fully) support directly calling external C++ libraries. LibQT4Pas offers a plain C interface to QT for use by FPC.
>>

> Can one statically bind the LibQt4Pas into a FPC program, thus not
> require to ship an external libqt4pas DLL/SO? If possible, that might
> solve the original posters problem.

It seems to me that you could compile qt4pas.c (or what ever the source
file(s) of libqt4pas.so is) into a qt4pas.o and just link them
statically with {$link qt4pas.o} which then would leave out the
requirement for libqt4pas.so to be distributed with any program using
the qt interface. The gpl? license may or may not make that possible though.

Regards,

Andrew